Acme man already in jail after police chase accused of fleeing arrest in New Stanton too

State police believe they have identified a man who fled a traffic stop in New Stanton in June and he is charged with leading soldiers on two separate Interstate 70 chases within 24 hours, documents show. judicial.

Seth G. Klingensmith, 26, of Acme, was arraigned on Wednesday for fleeing police, reckless endangerment and related offenses. In late June, troopers released dashcam photos of a suspect in the chase, asking for the public’s help in identifying him.

A soldier stopped a black Honda near a hotel on West Byers Avenue around 8:30 a.m. on June 15 for a registration problem and illegally tinted windows. The male driver first got out of the car, then jumped in and drove west on Interstate 70, court documents show.

Police chased the car for 3-5 miles and reported seeing it speeding over 90 mph through a construction zone, while overtaking vehicles on its right shoulder and tailing others, documents show. judicial. Private James Daggett said he ended the chase because of the driver’s actions.

He later learned that at 1:00 a.m. the next day, a gas station employee off the Smithton freeway reported a suspicious man in the same Honda. Klingensmith is accused of again fleeing Belle Vernon soldiers on Interstate 70 eastbound before turning onto New Stanton Ruffs Dale Road and Route 31 toward Mt. Pleasant, according to court documents.

The Honda collided with a Mt. Pleasant Police patrol unit and came to a stop in the department’s parking lot, troopers said. When police apprehended him, Klingensmith claimed to be a Greensburg station soldier, according to court documents. He was jailed on $50,000 bail in the case which involves charges of aggravated assault, flight from police and related offences.

Daggett wrote in a complaint that he confirmed Klingensmith was the suspect in the original pursuit through correspondence with a family member, known associate and other soldiers and additional photographs of him.

He was ordered in late July to get evaluations for mental health issues and drug and alcohol use, according to court records online. Klingensmith waived his right to a preliminary hearing in the second lawsuit and is awaiting action on a bail request.

At his arraignment Wednesday in the new case, bail was set at $5,000. A preliminary hearing is scheduled for August 31. He was being held in Westmoreland County Jail.

Renatta Signorini is editor of Tribune-Review. You can contact Renatta by email at [email protected] or via Twitter .

Comments are closed.