$4.96 Billion Global Last Mile Autonomous Delivery Markets
Dublin, March 02, 2022 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) — The “global last mile autonomous delivery market by platform (aerial delivery drones, ground delivery vehicles (delivery robots, autonomous vans and trucks)), solution , application, type, payload “Weight, Interval, Duration and Region – Forecast to 2030 report” has been added to from ResearchAndMarkets.com offer.
The Last Mile Autonomous Delivery Market is valued at USD 860 Million in 2021 and is projected to reach USD 4,964 Million by 2030, growing at a CAGR of 21.5%.
The incorporation of advanced sense-and-avoidance systems into aerial delivery drones, the expansion of e-commerce, and the increased use of low-cost, light-payload drones by startups for product delivery have driven to the growth of autonomous last-mile aerial deliveries worldwide.
Additionally, the growing use of autonomous ground delivery vehicles is seen in the food and retail sector. It is mainly due to congestion in urban areas. Due to congestion, delivery of products to remote and remote locations, invalid or incorrect addresses, hard-to-locate destinations, coupled with the problem of severe labor shortage, often lead to increased costs delivery of products.
Automated delivery could be transformational for the retail industry, reducing delivery costs by 80% to 90% compared to a human doing it. Additionally, advancements in autonomous ground delivery vehicle technology and an increase in venture capital funding for the development of next-level ground delivery vehicles have bolstered the growth of the market.
The market for delivery drones in the air segment and autonomous vans and trucks in the ground segment is expected to grow with a higher CAGR owing to the growing need for autonomous delivery solutions in the food and retail industries. and the growing need for contactless solutions. deliveries of healthcare supplies using autonomous ground vehicles/air drones due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Last mile autonomous delivery market winners include Starship Technologies (US), JD.com (China), Nuro (US), Amazon (US), Kiwi Campus (US), Zipline (USA), United Parcel Service (USA), Wing (USA), Flirtey (SkyDrop) and Aerodyne Group (Malaysia).
These key players offer drones applicable to various industries and have well-equipped and strong distribution networks in North America, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Middle East, Latin America and Africa.
- Using last mile autonomous delivery for medical and retail deliveries to drive market growth
- Logistics and transportation will be the largest segment during the forecast period
- U.S. Last Mile Autonomous Delivery Market Expected to Grow at Highest CAGR
Aerial delivery drone
- Incorporation of Advanced Sense and Avoid Systems into Aerial Delivery Drones
- Expansion of e-commerce
- Increased use of low-cost, light-payload drones by startups for product delivery
- Lack of infrastructure required to support aerial delivery drone operations in emerging economies
- Limited bandwidth and battery life of aerial delivery drones
- Lack of charging infrastructure hinders long-duration delivery missions
- Increase in demand for drone delivery services during the COVID-19 crisis
- Increase in technological advancements in delivery drones
- Growth Opportunities for Suppliers at Different Levels of the Aerial Drone Delivery Value Chain
- Incorporating IoT into the Aerial Delivery Drone Ecosystem
- Issues with aerial delivery drone traffic management
- Safety and security issues related to the use of aerial delivery drones
- Lack of risk management framework and insurance coverage for aerial delivery drones
Ground delivery vehicles
- Increased use of autonomous ground delivery vehicles in retail and food
- Increased adoption of autonomous ground delivery vehicles through advanced technology features
- Increase in venture capital funding for the development of next-level ground delivery vehicles
- Rigorous formulation and implementation of ground delivery vehicle operations regulations
- Performance issues in untested environments and lack of proper decision making
- Growing demand for AGV in delivery of healthcare supplies due to COVID-19
- The thriving e-commerce industry around the world
- Limited operational range of ground delivery vehicles
- Vulnerability of ground delivery vehicles to cyber threats due to their automation
- Risk of operational malfunction in populated areas
- Impact of COVID-19 on the autonomous last mile delivery market
Using Autonomous Last Mile Technology Against COVID-19
- Average selling price
- Value chain analysis
- Market ecosystem map
- Trends/disruptions affecting customer business
- Shifting Revenues and New Revenue Pockets for the Last Mile Autonomous Delivery Market
Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
Business Data Statistics
Pricing and regulatory landscape
- Federal Aviation Administration Guidelines for Drone Operations
- United States: Faa rules and guidelines for the operation of drones
- 3D printed air and ground robots
- Battery technology improvements
- Cloud robotics technology
- Wireless charging technology
- Automated ground control stations
- computer vision
- Multi-sensor data fusion for efficient navigation
- Advanced algorithms and analytics
- Machine learning-based analytics
- 5G technology
- Sensor technology
- Design robust perception components based on AI
Case study analysis for last mile autonomous delivery market: aerial delivery
- Using Zipline drones to deliver COVID-19 vaccine doses in Ghana
- Using Wingcopter to distribute COVID-19 test kits in Malawi and Rwanda
- Using Speedbird Aero to offer on-demand food delivery
- Using Project Wing of Alphabet to deliver food and medicine to Australia
- Regulators Approve Test Flights of Drone Delivery Canada’s Urban Flight Delivery Systems
- Ele.Me launches food delivery using drones in Shanghai
- Sf Express has received a license to start a network based on aerial drones for deliveries in pilot areas of China
- Emqopter delivers food parcels in Germany using aerial delivery drones
- Airbus Helicopters’ Skyways Uav makes its first package delivery to Singapore
- DHL has successfully completed Bvlos Trails medicine delivery flights across Lake Victoria in Tanzania
Case Study Analysis for Last Mile Autonomous Delivery Market: Ground Delivery
- Using Foodpanda Self-Delivery in Singapore
- Use of ground robots by Starship Technologies in collaboration with Sodexo to deliver food
- Use of ground robots by Savioke for in-room delivery services to maintain contactless delivery in regards to COVID-19 relief
- Jd.Com’s Use of Ground Robots to Deliver Medical Supplies for COVID-19 Relief in Wuhan
- Amazon has started delivering packages using ground delivery robots named Scout in Washington
- Use of ground robots by Pepsico to deliver food to university students
- Fedex used its battery-powered Sameday robots to deliver packages
Impact of megatrends
- Automation of last mile delivery
- E-mobility and green initiative
- Rapid urbanization and logistics of megacities
Innovations and patent filings
Ground delivery vehicle
- spacecraft technologies
- Jd.Com, Inc.
- Campus Kiwi
- Caterpillar inc.
- Continental AG
- Panasonic Company
- Waymo LLC
- Alibaba Group
- Aethon (St Engineering)
- Cruise LLC
Aerial delivery drone
- Matternet, Inc.
- Deutsche PostDhl
- United Parcel Service
- Rascal (Skydrop)
- Drone Delivery Canada Corp.
- Workhouse Group Inc.
- Uber Technologies, Inc.
- Aerodyne Group
- Manna Aero
- Elroy Air
- Aero Swoop
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/11v9r9
Autonomous last mile delivery market